Armstrong Interactive Capstone
Armstrong Interactive (AI), is a client-based consulting experience and is the capstone course of the Armstrong Institute for Interactive Media Studies. AI contracts with corporate and non-profit clients to develop digital solutions to their operational problems. Over the course of one semester, a team of students, from disciplines as diverse as marketing, computer science, graphic design, communication, technical writing, management, and more, work with the client charge to develop a “live” solution to the client’s problem.
This course is team taught by AIMS faculty and led by a student project manager. A condition of working with AI is that the solution actually is going to be used. Past AI projects have included:
- Touch screen kiosks for Target stores
- Online training for HP
- Handheld application for Cintas
- Online training and certification for P&G
- Online dashboard for Convergys
- Web presence and e-commerce for Taft Museum of Art
- Strategic Business Recommendations for Bank of America
- Re-branding and New Web Presence for Petters Group Worldwide
- Usability and Redesign for uBid
- Visual Search Engine for P&G
- Interactive Donor Prospect Tool for Miami University
- and more…
During the fall semester of 2007, the team designed a knowledge management tool for P&G’s Consumer Knowledge Management division, which was an online tool that allowed CMK employees to find, connect, and enhance past research studies and other media.